It ultimately comes down to what your needs are, your budget, your future plans, and your overall skill level.
- If your needs are more custom, hiring is probably best.
- If you have a small budget, you might want to do it yourself or find a new designer looking for some experience. You might also try to outsource the design through a freelancing website, and there are plenty of websites to do so.
- If you need a quick site up now, and plan on building something better in the future – hit up Squarespace and DIY!
- If you want a great website and want to add advanced features in phases – hire it out
- If you’re pretty confident on a computer your chances of success are greater, and you’ll be better equipped to overcome inevitable problem spots
- If your time is valuable to you, and you’d rather focus on your business – hire it out
Overall in the end, I hope that it’s clear that the execution – the design/development of your site is built upon the Website Plan. If you can think through that, you’re leagues ahead, all that’s left is the do-ing!
If you do decide to hire Eggplant Studios
Eggplant Studios prides itself on developing strong, powerful websites that work, and work well. If this is your first site, don’t fret, we’re here to help, and we can figure it out together. Getting online can be a big challenge, but we can help you plan it out into easily manageable stages. We can even take a lot of the technical hassle out of it, leaving you with a hands-free experience; don’t worry about domains, hosting or anything, just reap the benefits of your new online presence!